19.6.11

The perpetual noise of noise makers

If you have ever been to a third world country you are probably already aware of the obsession with noise makers that I am about to talk about. As part of the children's birthday loot some noise makers were given out. This may have been a mistake that will not be repeated in the future, I don't know, but the noise has not yet stopped. Every morning starting around 6am it starts (and that is only that I know of. I can't speak for what goes on in the dorms all night). From that point on if I see children I hear it. In English class even, one of the kids accidentally used it during the lesson. How do you accidentily do that? I don't know but these kids can. They are so hyped and ready to make noise at any and every possibility that they can accidentally have a noise maker make contact with their mouths while air is forcefully coming out. In fact I learned something of their ingenuity; inspired by wanting to perpetuate more noise.

One of the kids discovered that if you take apart the noise maker and blow up a whoopy-cushion (also part of their birthday loot) then you can insert the small part of the noise maker into the neck of the air filled whoopy-cushion so that once you let go the noise is perpetuated, by the releasing air in the whoopy-cushion, at a louder and longer level, minimizing virtually all the work of previously having to blow through the noise maker himself. Optimization. Well, now that's the kind of thinking I have been trying to get them to do in English class for the last month.

Now, I'd like to say that this obsession with making noise is only because they are kids but I have a feeling that if these noise makers were given to a bunch of adults here, the reaction would be hardly different. In fact I can prove this point by bringing your attention to the attachment of noise makers, aka horns, in automobiles. If you've been to a 3rd world country then you know what I'm talking about. It's non-stop! 3rd world countries like noise makers. I'm just sayin'.










2 comments:

  1. hahahaha! Your pics are wonderful, I want to scoop them all up with those noise makers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are adorable! I love getting to use noisemakers. They really make people enjoy certain moments.

    ReplyDelete